Ways to Help
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Blue Ridge
Twice is Nice
Ronald McDonald House of Charlottesville
- Pick-up meals from caterers/restaurants and deliver them to the House for the families: requires access to a vehicle, best availability in the afternoon/early evenings
- Adopt the House for a week and provide kitchen essentials for families. This means fresh milk in the fridge, apples and oranges in the kitchen, and other essentials to keep the House fully stocked for families.
- Order a meal for the families from a local restaurant/caterer and have it delivered OR drop it off personally
- Donate items from our Wish List. Needs for the House change constantly, so we keep our wish list up to date with the most urgently required items.
- Host a Wish List Collection Day during a community event or at a local retail site. We can provide a banner! Great opportunity for teams, clubs or community service project.
- Create and sponsor a fundraiser for the House. Please call us with your ideas. We can provide a banner and help you coordinate your event.
- Make a monetary contribution to the House. You can donate to the House online, via check or by dropping off you donation at the House. Visit our Donate page for more information.
- Recycle: Pick up pop tabs or cardboard and take them to the local recycling centers
- Landscaping/Yard Help: Volunteer to mow the grass, rake leaves, clean exterior toys, etc.
A reminder of our program services: Professional Motivational Speaking - Mentoring - Workshop Events - Athletic Training
Any dollar amount can go towards our "operating costs"
$25 helps to provide 1 Love...No Ego Mentoring Session (1.5 hour minimum in length)
$50 provides 1 free Athletic Training Session (1-hour session)
$100 provides 1 free Motivational Speaking Presentation to groups of students (30min - 1hour presentation)
$300 helps to provide 1 free Workshop Event (typically a 2-4-hour workshop)
Workshops and everything we do is always geared to empower the youth, provide positive personal development, and help them to tap into their true self while using the tools of life to help them be their best. Workshop Examples: "Too Much Media, Not Enough Social" a workshop event on social media etiquette and how to use it as the tool it is. Or our "Youth Speed Mentoring Events" a workshop event where youth have access to Love...No Ego Mentors, spending valuable time with each Mentor gaining advice, asking questions, engaging in tough conversations.
AHIP - Albemarle Housing Improvement Program
Jefferson Area Board for Aging (JABA)
Ishan Gala Foundation
- Logistics- Help with layout, flow and overall running of the event
- Decorations- Help with transforming the parking lot into a festive wonderland
- Entertainment- Help coordinate music, participants for displays and giving out candy
- Food & Drink- Coordinate snacks and drinks for participants and volunteers
- Goodie bags- assist with finding items to include in goodie bags for each child
- Wishlist- assist with the recruiting supporters, coordinating wishlist item drop off/pick-up with adopt a list sponsors and organizing gifts for event
Jefferson Area Board for Aging (JABA)
JABA offers free unbiased one-on-one insurance counseling (now via Zoom or by phone) that guides older adults and individuals with disabilities through complicated Medicare questions. We also screen individuals for benefit programs and provide information about how to guard against fraud. Join the team as a Counselor, Greeter/Receptionist, or Intake Call Specialist.
Feeding Greene Inc.
Legal Aid Justice Center
Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry
Sin Barreras / Without Barriers
WHAT WE DO:
There are many ways to get involved. Overall, we want to teach and show the youth how to live from their natural love space rather than the egotistical space. And we do that through four main services: Motivational Speaking, Mentoring, Workshops, and Athletic Training.
Assist and or Table at Community and Organizational Events and Workshops
Community Clean-up of The Love No Ego Foundation Roadway
Recruitment of Other Volunteers
Connect With Other Organizations, Individuals, or Groups with Similar Missions
Perform Administrative and Social Media Acts
Create, Help Create, and or Lead Programs and Events